Tiger Tiger Burning Bright

Miscellaneous thoughts and rantings about a New Yorker who moved to the suburbs of pretentious Connecticut.

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

I am a mom, a MBA candidate, a financier, a neat freak, a fashionista, a latina, a New Yorker...but mostly I'm just a girl.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I'm BAAAACCCCCKKKK

As per the request of my sole reader, I decided to come update the blog. Even though this means that I have to face the shamefull truth that even though I swore to all that was good and holy that I would write daily, I didn't. This time around no more promises, but I will honestly try my best to squeeze out a few sentences daily. This weekend went really fast, it seemed shorter than usual even though it was labor day weekend, and therefore we had an extra day off. I went camping... yes you hear right, camping. It was nice, we kayaked to an island off Norwalk CT, and stayed there Saturday night. It was cold at night, the flies were relentless, the smoke from the coals made me sick and I got sick all over a poor unsuspecting bush. I heard a raccoon and it kept me awake because i feared it would sneak attack me. I went fishing and although spotted plenty of fish cruising around mocking my limited skills, I caught nothing. The sun was bright and I got a nice tan, I enjoyed kayaking around the sound, and perfected my technique, and by that i mean i didn't fall over and managed to fight the occasional rogue wave. We came back on Sunday afternoon, and I took an hour shower in which I scrubbed, exfoliated, bathed in lotion, perfumed myself until i started to believe i was civilized again. THANNN I went and found the most perfect boots!! They are Donna Karen, and they are sooo cute, they can be worn slouched, a style i never thought I would like, but now I love! Or they can be worn straight up like a normal boot, did i mention I lOOOVVVEEE them. I also found the shampoo and conditioner that makes my hair feel super soft and smells purdy! It's sunsilk, anti-poof, and for all that know me, I am sooo poofy! I have a lot of hair and it's thick. I don't style my hair, I tame it, so this shampoo and conditioner helps me suppress it while leaving it extra soft and shiny. I miss the weekend. I miss my bed. The good part about today is that tomorrow it's already Wednesday, and that means half way done with the week.
TTFN!

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan R. said...

Are you insane? Camping is for the gross people I live around. I would have boiled myself in bleach once I got home from such a horrid experience. And sunsilk is great shit. I use their Straigten up line. It leaves my hair pin straight.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camping is not so bad. You said for yourself that it was kind of fun. Its an adventure. Despite what susan says, a possum can not tear your face off. A possum does not have the steady hand or technology required to pull off a tricky procedure such as that.

Getting out away from the city is good for everyone. Trees, nature, fish, water, kayaking. Even your biggest fan, has done it more than she would like to admit and even tried to run off in to the wild as a kid in Pennslyvania.

I am glad you did it and had a "somewhat good" time. I can tell you that the city is much more dangerous than going camping.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home