Tiger Tiger Burning Bright

Miscellaneous thoughts and rantings about a New Yorker who moved to the suburbs of pretentious Connecticut.

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

I am a mom, a MBA candidate, a financier, a neat freak, a fashionista, a latina, a New Yorker...but mostly I'm just a girl.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

It's a small world

While studying for my GMAT yesterday I looked up to find my favorite professor walking down the hall of a college in Connecticut, this was strange considering he is from NY and teaches in NY. We both just stared at each other for a second trying to figure out if the other was really there. We both could not believe the coincidence! I had not seen him in a couple of years since he taught me corp. finance. He was my mentor in college, he was alwasy pushing me and believing that all would turn out well for me. He was the one to push me to intern and see if I really wanted to be a financial advisor, as it turned out I didn't like it. He like my other beloved mentor that I met in high school did not think that I would like that career path. I guess they could see my personality would not allow me to be the sales man that would be required of me. They always said they saw me as an analyst and eventually as a writer. It still touches me to think that these great minds, great people put thought into knowing who I was/am and what I would be happy doing. All these thoughts streamed through me as I saw my professor standing in front of me. He lectures all over the world and was doing a lecture to some executives that were beginning a hedge fund. How opportune and perfect for me, they say that life presents things to you when you are ready, and in need of them. I have been in need of some good career advice and there was my mentor. How appropriate. It is a small world, and a knowing world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home