Tiger Tiger Burning Bright

Miscellaneous thoughts and rantings about a New Yorker who moved to the suburbs of pretentious Connecticut.

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

I am a mom, a MBA candidate, a financier, a neat freak, a fashionista, a latina, a New Yorker...but mostly I'm just a girl.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rain Rain go away...

This weekend I managed to find the ballet flats that I have been searching for! I went to lunch with a friend before I went to see my mom to get our hair done together. I had straightened my hair the day before and it was looking pretty cute, so when my friend saw my hair they "exclaimed your hair is so long! Do not cut it!", so I didn't. The past couple of days it has been rainy and humid and I my hair is all puffy and refuses to stay down! I should have gotten it cut instead of basking in my friend's complement. Today is as we all are aware 9/11. It happened six years ago, I look back and immediately get emotional. It's definitely a day I will never forget. I recall every detail of that day,from what I was wearing to the perfume I was spraying on myself while Steven told me that the planes had just crashed into our beloved towers. I remember crying unconsoleably on my bed all day, and than going to Shore Road and seeing the void of them. I am thankful that exactly a month prior I went up to the top and managed to look down regardless of my extreme fear of heights. I think that we are all thankful that we are here today regardless of all our problems and issues in life.
A few things I am thankful for:
My family who I love and miss no matter how much they annoy me.
My friends who have supported me no matter what.
Myself, I have been through a lot in my life but I still continue to move forward without any regrets. I know that no matter what life throws my way I will succeed in all that I put my mind and heart to. What are you thankful for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home