Tiger Tiger Burning Bright

Miscellaneous thoughts and rantings about a New Yorker who moved to the suburbs of pretentious Connecticut.

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

I am a mom, a MBA candidate, a financier, a neat freak, a fashionista, a latina, a New Yorker...but mostly I'm just a girl.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Books

I recently found out that my book collection was donated to the library. I was devastated, I broke down and started weeping, I felt as if though someone had just punched me in the stomach. My books have formed me in ways that even I can't understand. I have learned so much about life, about myself from books as insignificant as mystery novels. My books were such a part of me that I feel empty without them. I don't know how to react, all I can do is feel guilty for leaving them when I moved, why didn't I take them? Why didn't I go back for them? I start getting all panicky if I think about it for too long. The only way I can let go of them is by acknowledging their effect on my life and knowing that even though I don't have them with me that I learned so much from them and I will forever remember their lessons. I am eternally grateful to them because they were my companions through very hard times. I can only hope that someone is enjoying them as much as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home